The Spanish Fork Police Department held its annual Awards Banquet on Monday, January 7. Several officers were recognized at the banquet for their outstanding achievements this past year, including:
- Physical Fitness: Officers Cody Harris, Dustin Anderson, Scott Gardner, and Bryan DeWitt; Detective Brandon Johnson, and Lieutenant Matt Johnson; Chief Steven Adams
- School Resource Officer: Officer Bryan DeWitt
- SWAT: Officer Dallas Smith
- Life Saving Awards: Officers Cory Lewis, Dallas Smith, Chris Olson, David Bowen, and Clay Hooley.
- Master Officer: Officers Blake Ottesen, Clint Peterson, and Dustin Anderson
- Unit Citation Award: Detectives Zac Robinson, Brandon Johnson, and Lieutenant Matt Johnson.
- The Spanish Fork Police Department was also recognized for being the third department in the State to complete the Utah Law Enforcement Professional Standards Accreditation Program. The accreditation is intended to provide law enforcement agencies an avenue for demonstrating that they meet accepted standards for effective and efficient operations. The accreditation process includes an in-depth examination of the Department’s policies and procedures to ensure they are consistent with best practices in law enforcement. The Accreditation Committee also ensures that the Department demonstrates adherence to the policies and procedures. We are very proud of this accomplishment and thank all of our staff who do a great job at protecting and serving our wonderful community.
In addition to recognizing all of our great officers, we recognized all officers who have fallen in the line of duty, including most recently Master Officer Joseph Shinners with the Provo Police Department, with a Toast to Fallen Comrades.
Thank you to all of our officers for their service in keeping our community safe.